Here are a few tips that I picked up from a recent article in the Toastmaster Magazine. Great ideas…
- “Your title is an opportunity to create interest before you even stand to speak. Take the time to develop a hook.”
- Use metaphors = “It’s like…” A metaphor can make the difference between stale information and a meaningful message.
- “Repeat catchphrases often and your point will be remembered.”
- “Rhyme is sublime and alliteration adds impact.” When members have used alliteration it always catches people’s attention.
- “The human mind becomes more engaged when points are delivered in story form…”
- “Take the time and trouble to design language that captures the imagination and your audiences will thank you for it.”